With my usual skill at time management, I made this virtual season suggestion two days before a bunch of uni deadlines. So... please bear with me while I try to juggle both my fannish and real life obligations and lack the organization an undertaking like this would need for another couple of days. *boards the failboat*
Anyway, a quick summary of my ideas for this project:
- The basic idea is, as I said in my original post
, to develop this virtual season based on the Doctor and his new companion from the next special. I think this would be simpler than using an OC or an already existing character, since agreeing on a consistent OC characterization would probably be hard, and using an already existing character would likely lead to dissension as to who this existing character should be. If slight retconning of the April special's plot is necessary--as in, if the companion dies/gets stranded in a different universe/gets mind-wiped in the end--I'm sure we can come up with an alternate ending that will let us use the character further.
- We'd have to find 10 authors and at least 5 back-up writers who are willing and able to write an episode-like story to a deadline.
- We'd have to find these people before
the next special airs. (If anyone knows the exact date, that would be a great help. I just know it's going to be sometime in early/mid-April.)
- We'd have to make sure that every author who signed up to write a story has the opportunity to see the special.
- After the special has aired, I'd like to get all of you lovely writerly people into a chat room and talk about what each of you wants to do and how you want to do it. This is to make sure that we don't get the same plot several times over. After all, it's supposed to be like an actual season of Doctor Who, and the nice thing about this show is that the series actually have a proper seasonal arc. Usually, anyway.
- As soon as everybody has figured out what they want to write, we'd have to set up a schedule and assign deadlines.
- Last but not least, we'd have to make sure that the stories do actually get written. This is where back-up writers, betas, cheerleaders and general morale boosting personnel would come in.
Input, ideas, anything that's on your mind--let me know in a comment. Also let me know if you're just expressing enthusiasm for the idea, or if you could imagine joining in as a writer. Feel free to join/watch the community for further updates as well as to pimp it out to anyone you think may be interested.
Thanks for your interest, guys!